This module provides students with the foundation in various aspects of good practices, regulation and accreditation standards in pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical industries. It serves to emphasize the pharmacist’s obligation to ensure consumer/patient safety in the supply and use of medicines and health products. For individuals who aspire to join the pharmaceutical industry, this module will give an introductory overview of the regulatory and manufacturing requirements in the industry. For individuals who aspire to join the healthcare service sector, this module will raise the awareness of product quality and patient safety.
Who Should Attend
Process development/ MS&T engineer;
QC laboratory analyst/ chemist/ microbiologist;
Production executive/ engineer/biotechnologist;
Research scientist/ associate/ assistant;
Product application specialist;
Regulatory affairs professional/ lead/ executive.
One of the following degrees, or their equivalent:
• Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, OR;
• Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences, OR;
• Bachelor of Applied Science in Food Science & Technology, OR;
• Bachelor of Applied Science in Applied Chemistry (Drug Option), OR;
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy, OR;
• Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering).
a) Facilitated Learning - 26 hours;
b) E -Learning - 3 hours;
c) Project - 1 hour;
d) Assessment - 5 hours.